Different types of Membership
CLASSIFICATION OF MEMBERS
There are two categories of Members:
- Regular Members
- Associate Members
To become a Regular Member, a person must:
- Be a Manager or an Assistant Manager of a Seniors Housing facility
- Pay the annual membership fee in full
- Be entitled to active membership
To become an Associate Member, a person must;
- Be an individual with an interest relating to Seniors' Housing
- Not be eligible to be a Regular Member;
- Pay the annual membership in full;
- Be entitled to attend meetings of the Society and to have privilege of the floor, but shall not be allowed to vote or to hold office in the Society.
The membership year shall be from 01 January to 31 December
Membership entitlement applies to the individual, not the Foundation or Management Body. Therefore, if a personnel change is made, a separate membership application is required.
SETTING MEMBERSHIP FEES
Yearly dues shall be set for the following year by the Society at the AGM.
PAYMENT DATE FOR MEMBERSHIP FEES
Membership fees shall be due and payable by March 1 of the membership year. Any member who is in arrears shall cease to be a member and shall lose all membership rights and privileges until such time as fees are paid in full.
TRANSFER OF MEMBERSHIP
When a Foundation, Management Body, Limited Company or any other Organization in the business of operating Seniors Housing Facilities purchases an Alberta Managers' Society Senior Citizens' Housing Membership and subsequently a managerial change occurs which removes the individual for whom the membership was purchased during that membership year, the Foundation, Management Body, Limited Company or any other Organization may apply in writing to the Alberta Managers' Society Senior Citizens' Housing Executive for a transfer of the membership to the new manager. All such written requests will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.